Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We know we are not alone...

We find home at every show.

Those are lyrics from a band called Coming Home who need to sort their shit out.

Sup? Shit hasnt been great lately. Ive found alot of comfort in my Real Talk! demo and ive been listening to so much Adebisi Shank. Amazing stuff. Im listening to Have Hearts latest offering lots too. I have to say its amazing. The vocals sound so good, and the musicianship is class. I havent been to a show since Comeback Kid which is a shame. I missed Greystones on Saturday because my buses didnt show up.

Summer has gotten off to a slow start. Some great nights out but the weeks have dragged. Went flyering with Alex last week which was class. Hes a real nice dude and we had a good buzz. I thought itd be really awkward not knowing him but we had the buzz all day. Top dude. He has a couple shows this summer. An acoustic gig which should be amazing, but the one im looking forward to is All or Nothing and Chaos Days at the skate park in Greystones. 22nd of July. Fuckkk yeaaaah.

Oxegen is next weekend. Myself and the lads are going. Rage, Aphex Twin, Delos, Justice.
I fucking cant wait. The week after i have Demented Fest, weekend after that my sisters wedding. I can chill the rest of the summer. Fuck yeah. Someone gimme stuff to do.

I havent seen Sas in forever. This makes me sad. I always thought this summer would be the one where we kinda got close. To my dismay, I thought wrong. Ah well.

This is complete drivel lads. Sorry.

Left with images of you pouring from my eyes:
You young, you here, day dawning, eyes wide.

Just images, just images
All that's left
All that I can find.

Like water
From a cactus
In the desert of my mind.

o' brother, you leave me like blood from my veins.
o' brother, you leave me like blood from my veins.

In a room that holds you
Like a guilt-ridden paralyzing cell:

No calls
No mail
No visitors for when you're in hell.

Forced hellos
Rushed goodbyes
And best wishes for you in the meantime

My face seen as often as God's
Can let guilt have it's way of owning you
Like a dog.

May to March
March to May
The days fall with the promises I make.

Like water
From a faucet
Into the sink of your faith.

o' brother, you leave me like blood from my veins.
o' brother, you leave me like blood from my veins.

We always seem to fall with only words to hold
We always seem to fall with only photos to hold
We always seem to fall with only memories to hold
We always seem to fall without family to hold.

No comments: